Friday, February 27, 2015

Arranging your Document

How to best arrange your document for readers so that they can follow through and not get lost. There are four idea patterns that can help you to do this. The first one is  Hierarchy, it is consist of  the Thesis which includes a Topic 1, Topic 2 and a Topic 3 each of these topic contains details. The second form of arrangement is Sequence this includes time, space or priority. The third arranging is Response this includes Question and  Answer , Topic and Comment, Problem and Solution and also Cause and effect. The final arrangement is compare an contrast. With these patterns your reader will not get lost while reading you document.

1 comment:

  1. Although we all may use all these forms of arrangment, hierachy is mostly the way I arrange my documents. I normally have a main idea and branch off 3 topics I want to discuss and the details.

    ReplyDelete